Thursday 27 May 2010

The Face

ok.. so i thought id have a crack at something 3d. and as the project is MY april, i thought i should create something to show that.


i began my model by casting my face with modroc

i then painted the inside with latex so it would be easier to remove
i then began filling the mould with resin. i chose resin as i had never used it before so it was something new. also it is clear so if i chose to use it in my final outcome, it would not destract the eye from anything else.after the resin had dried i dampened the modrock and peeled it off



i then peeled of the dried latex also
the finished face is clear but a bit lumpy. i think the resin and latex may have reacted somehow to create bubbles as i ensured the latex was smooth before i put the resin into the mould


i dont think i will use the face in my final piece as it looks realy creepy. and i dont want people to think that my april is creepy or scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment